Modern laser treatment for the retina. Because your eyesight is important to us...
Treatment of retinal diseases
For the treatment of retinal diseases such as diabetic retinopathy, your doctor may recommend the use of a retina laser. Broadly speaking, there are two types of systems – the conventional, slit lamp based laser, and the modern, navigated Navilas® Laser System.
The unique Navilas® retina laser
The Navilas® Laser System is the only retina laser system to date that uses advanced eye-tracking technology, making the highly modern treatment of retinal diseases possible with extreme precision and safety, less pain and fewer subsequent treatments.
"For me, treatment with Navilas was significantly more comfortable than treatment with other systems. I did not feel any pain."
"I have had laser treatment multiple times due to my diabetes. I found the treatment with Navilas much more pleasant. With the old system, I felt more pain, especially around the outside. Treatment also took a lot longer."
English brochure, PDF
Clinically proven advantages of Navilas®
- 28% more precision for maximum safety1
- 60% less pain for a comfortable treatment experience2
- 42% fewer subsequent treatments and injections3-5
The advantages of Navilas® compared to conventional laser systems have been evaluated repeatedly and in global studies.
- Clinical Evaluation and Treatment Accuracy in Diabetic Macular Edema Using Navigated Laser Photocoagulator NAVILAS. Kozak I, Oster SF, Cortes MA, Dowell D, Hartmann K, Kim JS, Freeman WR. Ophthalmology. 2011 Jan 24
- Pain and accuracy of focal laser treatment for diabetic macular edema using a retinal navigated laser (Navilas). Kernt M, CheuteuRE, Cserhati S, Seidensticker F, Liegl RG, Lang J, Haritoglou C, Kampik A, Ulbig MW, Neubauer AS. Clin Ophthalmol. 2012;06:289-96
- Navigated macular laser decreases retreatment rate for diabetic macular edema: a comparision with conventional macular laser. Neubauer AS, Langer J, Wolf J, Kozak I, Seidensticker F, Ulbig M, Freeman WR, Kampik A, Kernt M. Clin Ophthalmol. 2013:121-128
- From Art to Science in DME Treatment A comparison of anatomical outcomes following navigated OCT-based laser and conventional focal laser treatments.ANG LI, BA • RUMNEEK BEDI, BA • RISHI P. SINGH, MD.
- Comparative evaluation of combined navigated laser photocoagulation and intravitreal ranibizumab in the treatment of diabetic macular edema. Liegl R, Langer J, Seidensticker F, Reznicek L, Haritoglou C, Ulbig MW, Neubauer AS, Kampik A, Kernt M. PLoS One. 2014 Dec 26;9(12)
- Comparison of pain scores between patients undergoing panretinal photocoagulation usingnavigated or pattern scan laser systems. Inan UU, Polat O, Inan S, Yigit S, Baysal Z. Arq Bras Oftalmol. 2016 Feb;79(1):15-8. doi: 10.5935/0004-2749.20160006.